Research / Outcomes
Dr. Murray is actively involved in developing and comparing various minimally invasive surgical techniques to find the option that provides the best outcomes with the shortest recovery. In addition to his current research interests, Dr. Murray has published the following articles.
- Michael R. Murray MD, Benjamin Geddes BS, Scott Boden MD, Timothy Yoon MD, Daniel Refai MD, Gerald Rodts MD, John Heller MD. Prospective study of dysphagia rates following ACDF using rhBMP2. In process; data collection ongoing.
- Michael R. Murray MD, Branko Skovrlj MD, Sheeraz Qureshi MD. Surgical Treatment of Isthmic Spondylolisthesis. Controversies in Spine Surgery. 2016 February; 29(1) : 1-5
- Michael R. Murray MD, Gregory Schroeder MD, Wellington Hsu MD. Granulomatous disease in the spine. Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (JAAOS). 2015 September; 23(9): 529-538
- Michael R. Murray. Enhancing Diagnostic Accuracy: A saliva score for scoliosis. Maryland Physican Magazine. June 30, 2014
- Gregory D. Schroeder MD, Michael R. Murray MD, Cary R. Templin MD. Current Concepts in the Management of Cervical Spine Metastatic Disease. Orthopaedic Knowledge Online. 2014, March 1. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Gregory Schroeder MD, Michael Murray MD, Cary Templin MD, Jeffrey Stambough MD, MBA. Traumatic and Neoplastic Instability of the Cervical Spine. Seminars in Spine Surgery 2013 June; 25(2):100-109
- Michael Murray MD, Tianyi Wang BS, Gregory Schroeder MD, Wellington Hsu MD. The 100 Most Cited Spine Articles. European Spine Journal 2012 Oct; 21(10):2059-2069
- Michael Murray MD, Joseph Weistroffer MD, Michael Schafer MD. Case report of an abscess at the site of a post-operative hematoma following direct lateral interbody fusion (DLIF). The Spine Journal 2012 Jul;12(7):e1-4
- Gregory Schroeder MD, Michael Murray MD, Wellington Hsu MD. A Review of Dynamic Stabilization in the Lumbar Spine. Operative Techniques in Orthopedics 2011 Sept;21(3):235-239
- Michael Murray, MD, Matthew Saltzman, MD, Stephen Gryzlo, MD, Michael Terry MD, Chase Woodward BS, Pradeep Kodali, MD, Gordon Nuber, MD. Efficacy of Home Pre-operative Use of Sage 2% Chlorhexidine Cloth Prior to Shoulder Surgery. Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery 2011 Sept;20(6):928-933
- Michael Murray MD, Michael Schafer MD. “Development and Implementation of a High Risk Spine Protocol at Northwestern Memorial Hospital”. AAOS Now 2011 Feb
- Michael Murray MD, “What’s the diagnosis”. Article in “AAOS Now” publication. AAOS Now 2011 Feb
- Ball SC, Abraha A, Collins KR, Marozsan AJ, Baird H, Quinines-Mateu ME, Penn- Nicholson A, Murray M, Richard N, Lobritz M, Zimmerman PA, Kawamura T, Blauvelt A, Arts EJ. Comparing the ex vivo fitness of CCR5- tropic human immunodeficiency virus type 1 isolates of subtypes B and C. Journal of Virology 2003 Jan;77(2):1021-38
- Wilson SG, Chesler EJ, Hain H, Rankin AJ, Schwarz JZ, Call SB, Murray MR, West EE, Teuscher C, Rodriguez-Zas S, Belknap JK, Mogil JS. Identification of quantitative trait loci for chemical/inflammatory nociception in mice. Pain 2002 Apr;96(3):385- 91